The McKenzie Method is a world-renowned movement assessment system used to diagnose and treat all musculoskeletal injuries. This exercise based approach is effective for chronic spinal pain, acute athletic injuries, headaches, sciatica, numbness, shoulder impingement, ligament sprains, MVA injuries etc. Through a well-reasoned assessment, specific exercises and advice will be prescribed to resolve your symptoms. Often repeated movements in a specific direction can correct the mechanics therefore decreasing pain and improving function.
If the problem is more difficult some hands on techniques will be utilized until you can self manage. As you will be able to lessen your pain and improve your mobility with the exercises you will get better faster and need fewer visits. You will be actively involved in your care and have a thorough understanding of the tools needed to treat yourself. You will receive guidance that takes you to a full recovery. Your knowledge of how to treat the problem will prevent future reoccurrences. You’ll be able to rapidly deal with symptoms on your own if they ever reoccur.
- Accurately understand the patient’s presentation and behaviour of symptoms.
- Determine the most appropriate and effective treatment plan.
- Eliminate symptoms and restore full function.
- Empower the patient to self treat and prevent reoccurrence.
- Help inform patients if other medical advice or testing is needed.